We are now looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Senior AOCS Engineer with a strong background in systems and control to work in our Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS) group.
All of our projects involve a wide range of expertise areas and require a broad and flexible skillset for all those working at OHB Sweden. You will work in small multi-disciplinary teams and will be expected to perform and document analyses, design, verification and validation within the area of AOCS throughout the complete development lifecycle of the AOCS subsystems.
A large part of the work is performed using model-based design techniques based on Matlab/Simulink tools. An integral part of the work is also documentation and presentation of results to the satellite projects and customers. The Senior AOCS Engineer will work in the AOCS department and report to the Head of Department.
The Senior Engineer is expected to
- Participate in project work by development, test and reporting within AOCS
- Solve specific technical problems
- Complete project deliverables in time and budget in accordance with the required quality
- Provide clear and coherent reporting
- Actively contribute with continual improvement to engineering processes and best practices
- Develop own solutions to technical problems
- Take responsibility for interfaces towards customers and subcontractors
- Plan and lead development within AOCS related work
- Follow-up and report progress
- Provide technical advice to team members
Please address the above points where applicable in your cover letter, with direct reference to experience, projects, design and/or background.
- University degree (MSc, PhD or equivalent) in engineering physics, electrical engineering, vehicle design or similar
- Specialization within aerospace engineering, automatic control, signal processing, mathematical systems theory, or optimization
- Good knowledge within AOCS or other relevant specialist knowledge area
- Fluent in English, Swedish is an advantage
- Very good knowledge in Matlab/Simulink
- Knowledge in model-based design and automatic coding
- Ability to work in a precise way on multiple tasks and against tight deadlines
- At least 5 years of professional experience
We are looking for a team-player who has the ability to work autonomously. Capability for problem solving and initiative are necessary as well as the ability to work in a pragmatic way focusing on finding the right level of quality and to deliver on time.
Travels may be required (3-5 trips per year primarily within Europe).
If you want to participate in the development of future's space systems, feel confident that you meet the above requirements and want to find yourself in a dynamic and inspiring work environment, then we look forward to hearing from you!